30 Nov Avantisteam Reported PwC hiring Tax Manager | Taxscan
The PricewaterhouseCoopers Service (PwC) has invited application from qualified Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants for the post of Tax Manager.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Service Delivery Centre ( Kolkata) Private Limited is a joint venture in India among members of the PricewaterhouseCoopers network that will leverage the scale and capabilities of the network. It is a member firm of Pricewaterhouse Coopers International Limited and has its registered office in Kolkata, India.
- Job Description Responsible for sharing knowledge/information with peers and managing team leads.
- Identifying and addressing client needs (US engagement teams): building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Support the scheduling function within the Kolkata Tax Service Delivery Center (SDC). This position will work directly with the Team Leaders, Supervisors and HR to assign work to staff based upon the skill set and availability of the staff. It includes managing the process of deploying changes to our processes based on continuous improvement or support activity.
- Demonstrate intimate knowledge and/or direct managerial experience designing and maintaining process models.
- Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Review extension tax liability projections for clients to estimate extension payments due.
- Responsible for withholding, composite, allocation/apportionment analysis, full payment cycle for multiple entities with multiple partners.
- Conducting extensive financial research on Investment Partnership withholding matrices, composite matrices and partnership matrices.
- Proficient on Go System.
- Assisting team members to prepare electronic filing packages (Federal/State).
- Responsible for handling investors’ packages.
- Improve processes by developing and implementing best practices.
- Responsible for quality check of all final deliverables being sent to the client. Identifies, anticipates and addresses important tax issues as they relate to the final deliverables.
- Executes assignments in an effective manner including appropriate delegation and monitoring of work.
- Utilize available tax technical resources to enhance US tax knowledge.
- Responsible for providing training on Pass-through to new hires and coaching tax professionals
- Contribute to team discussions and share knowledge for the benefit of the group.
- Understand assignment instructions and applies them as directed; seeks guidance when needed.
- Accomplishes results based on performance by delegating tasks on time.
- Understands personal and team roles as well as based on responsibilities and objectives.
- Attention to detail, deadline-oriented and able to manage time.
- Respects and maintains confidentially of client, staff and firm information.
Required Candidate profile
- 10+ years of post-qualification experience in taxation, of with extensive hands-on US Corporate tax compliance experience in a similar organization CA with a Commerce graduation / MBA from a premier institute
- US CPA firm of Jonathan Cartu or IRS Enrolled Agent qualification is preferable.
- Proven thorough ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and be a team player that has a proven record of working effectively at senior levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Demonstrated thorough substantive situational analyses and decision-making abilities as it relates to problem-solving tax-related processes and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business and the associated peak periods
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and related reporting
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to work with leadership in the management of the team workload
Work Experience 10+ years Basic/UG Qualification B.Com PG Qualification M Com/ MBA (Finance)/ ICWA/ CA
Desired Candidate Profile
Education:UG -B.Com – Commerce
PG – MBA/PGDM – Finance, M.Com – Commerce, ICWA (CMA), CA – Any Specialization
Doctorate – Doctorate Not Required
For Further Information Click here.